Countdown

Tuesday, June 1, 2010

My first week....

WELL!!!!

It's the end of my first official week in my new house...I'M POOPED!!!! lol...

The whole week has basically gone by in one big blur. I was home on the Tuesday which I was going to use to clean some things around the house and pack up some more items and do some laundry....but then I got a call from my lawyer soon after waking up that they needed the Tarion information so that they could close. Funnily enough, closing trumps packing (go figure! lol...) so I high-tailed it over to my lawyer downtown, It's like Mission Impossible or Charlie's Angels where they wait for the call telling them what their next secret mission is....but in my case, I'm more of a 'Get Smart' call-getter.(Yup! I just made up a word!) lol...

SO after hours of puttering around and throwing things in my car, I finally DID get the call and then when I stopped cheering and doing my little dance (this isn't even an exaggeration- I really did dance.), I again hightailed it over to my lawyer to pick up my paper AS WELL AS A CHEQUE! WHOO HOOOOOO!!!!!! Then I did my best imitation of the driving scene in the second matrix movie to the site office to pick up my keys. I swear that if a human being could glow from excitement, I would have been that human being. I was BESIDE myself!! And knowing that, my very funny CCR played a little trick on my where she gave me the wrong keys- the weird shaped ones to the bathroom instead of my actual keys and tried to pass them off as these new 'space aged' locks that Mattamy's using. LOL! It was funny...after the fact!! lol!! In the moment, I was so confused but in such a haze of excitement, I wasn't processing the fact that they couldn't possibly the wrong keys, I was just happy to have keys! Though I must admit when she told me and it finally clicked, I laughed whole-heartedly and congratulated her on her sneakiness. =D

Then, after all of that, I was FINALLY able to get to the house and take a look around. I realised afterwards that my cheeks were hurting because I was smiling SO much.So after I dropped off my stuff, I again got in my car and drove over to pick up my mother and bring her over. She took a look around too and the house passed her test. =D Then my sister came over with the mini hurricanes that I'm sure I've mentioned before, and the kids just had a blast running too and fro across the obstacle-free floor. Afterwards, a few friends came over and we popped champagne on the balcony and ate pizza and argued over putting together a fan because it was as hot as....well..I could use a few colourful images here but I figure since this may be read in the presence of children, I'll just say it was QUITE hot and leave it at that! lol...

I slept in the house on the first night (like I could sleep anywhere else at this point!!) and it was DE-LIC-IOUS!! I looked around the room and thought 'I've been in this space a million times but I've never been in my ROOM before.' It's amazing how this is feeling like home from the very first time.

I ended up going back and forth during the week from the old place to the new place while things were being delivered and set up. My beds came the next day (My friend and I promptly reverted back to age 6 and jumped on it for a few minutes!), and then the official move was Saturday. Sunday, I managed to beat back the savage unpacking beast and actually set up my TV and stereo system...and by 'set up', I mean be a supportive cheering section while my friend did it for me because I needed to catch up on my 'stories' (aka Young and the Restless!!). Monday- I couldn't really work on it because I was running around doing errands, but I must say, that as I currently sit in my dining room overlooking the houses outside, listening to the construction, and surveying my life in boxes in the living room...the beast is pretty much coming back with a vengeance and kicking my a$$ this morning. LOL! But I will get back to it!! It may have won the battle this morning but I will win the war!!!!!!! =D

It is amazing to think that, after all this time with the picture diaries and progress reports and checking out the various stages of progress, the house is finally DONE!!!!!! AND MINE!!!!!!!!!!! LOL...

To borrow from the landing on the moon phrase, this is definitely one small step for me......one GIANT LEAP for my debt!!!!!! LMAO!!

Till next time!!

P.S: I will try to have pictures soon enough AND great news- My couch will be arriving TWO WEEKS EARLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment