Countdown

Saturday, July 18, 2009

Design Centre Choices

Hello All,

Here we are...this is the moment that we have all been waiting for!

*Drum roll please*

MY DESIGN CHOICES!!!

Granted there may be some changes right now but not any major ones so these are my general colours...

Now the whole house is going to be painted the 'Sandringham' colour. I didn't take a picture of it because you can't get the true colour of it from a picture and a small sample, but it's like a tan/beige colour. Almost like the tone of this blog backgroun actually. Very neutral, with just a hint of colour. As for the vinyl floors, I seem to have forgotten the names of all of them, I only have codes..lol. However, I used the same vinyl, a grey and browny combination, for everywhere but the kitchen which has a deeper grey tone to it.

And by the way, sorry about some of the spaces..I can't seem to get my pictures to behave.

Well let's get the plain stuff out of the way...

This is the standard showerhead for the bathrooms.

















This is the standard faucet for the master bathroom and the powder room.














This is the standard faucet for the main bathroom.














Now onto more of the FUN STUFF....!! These were some of my easy choices...


.















Railings
These are the railings that I upgraded to. I didn't want the rounded colonial style (?) railings that were standard. I find that this one is just sleek and contemporary. I love them! They will be stained to match my hardwood floors.















Flooring
This is the flooring that I chose for the main sections of the house.

- Hardwood: I chose maple 'Vienna' floors in 2 1/4 width, in the living room, dining room and 2nd floor hallway, all placed on a diagonal lay.

- Carpet: I chose the 'Sweet Talk' colour of berber carpet for both the staircases and entire 3rd floor with upgraded underpad. I liked the colour, and then the name just kinda sealed the deal. LOL!



















Handles
The first picture is the inside front door handles and the second picture is the ouside front door handle. Kind of antiquey but I can handle it.

(I guess this wasn't really a choice but still.. =) )



















Kitchen

(Sorry, I couldn't get the picture to turn for some reason.)

I had an inspiration kitchen of dark cabinets with gray counters, glass backsplash and tile floors. So far I have half of that, so I chose:
- Cabinets: Salem Birch in Cocoa Control
- Counters: Suede Ash Fiesta
- and the Floors...a vinyl that I currently can't remember the actual name of, are a bit of a gray tone to pick up on the gray in the counter. I'll prob be changing them to tile soon enough but in the meantime, I'm happy. =)















Guest Bath Choices:

I had wanted a warm brown colour for this bathroom. I chose:
- 'Rocky Road' laminate for the counter,
- 'Chocolate Pear' for the cabinets,
- the bathtub tile is 'Olympia Imperial Noce Brown' with the listello border (I didn't take the tile with the insert; it'll just be a solid tile),
and the floor is a brown and gray vinyl that I forgot the name of. :)















Master Bath Choices:
I was looking for a gray, cool, spa like feeling for my ensuite so I chose:
-Olympia Keliker Bronze tile with Listello Border for my bathtub wall tile,
- 'Chocolate pear' Cabinets
- Tatami Matte Countertop
and again, I forgot the name of the vinyl in the bathroom..lol.

Well that's everything so far. I can't believe I made it out of the design centre in one piece! I actually came in UNDER budget by a couple thousand dollars! Of course, I think I over prepared for the worst case scenario, just in case I had to upgrade everything, but the fact that I didn't upgrade so much actually made me really happy!

Anyways, I'll be looking for furniture and such next so I'll keep everyone posted when I find something I actually like. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment