Countdown

Wednesday, September 9, 2009

This sucks...and I LOVE IT!!!

Hello all!!

Well, I've recently gone on another spending binge BUT I did manage to get A LOT of things checked off my list which is a great feeling. I made a shopping trip down to Watertown, New York for Labour day sales and found LOTS of really nice bathroom and home accessories at Target, TJ Maxx, JCPenny and so on. I may have spent more money than I anticipated but it was all worth it!

And as if my shopping trip wasn't enough, the good times just kept on rollin!

For the longest time, I've been trying to figure out what vaccuum to buy because of my berber carpets. I'd heard a lot about the Dyson brand, but with pricetags of $500+ and my budget of about $200 maybe $300 if I'm pushing it, I had come to accept that Dyson would be out of my league and I just wanted to find a good vaccuum I could be happy with.

So yesterday, on a fluke, I went on a jaunt to Future Shop to get some quotes on appliances. Basically dreaming about the kind of appliances I want, and confirming reality regarding the kind of appliances I can afford.... when, while drooling over a dishwasher, I glanced a for sale sign near the vaccuums. I didn't pay much attention until I saw the name WITH the sale sign...Dyson. As I moved closer... I swear that I heard angels..but I didn't dare to celebrate just yet. Then I saw it. One of the Dysons, which was nice, compact, light, had the cyclone technology, beater brush control, and the ball axis- just generally PERFECT for my home- was on sale...AT ALMOST $200 OFF!! AND there were only TWO left.

So what did I do???

Well, after I finished pinching myself to see if it was a dream, and then finished my little happy song and jig, I yoinked that Dyson right off the shelf and purchased it before anyone could realise their mistake and my good fortune. SO! I now have my desired vaccuum BRAND NEW at almost HALF price!!

Everyone, meet my new DC24..Dicey for short. =D lol..


Happiness and Joy people!! Never have I said 'Well that sucks!!' and been so happy about it!!! I felt like that IKEA commercial where the woman looks at her bill and starts a run/walk while yelling 'START THE CARRRRRRRR!!!!'.... except I couldn't do that because I was the one driving..but still...lovely (and comedic) moment!! lol...

No comments:

Post a Comment