Countdown

Monday, December 28, 2009

Boxing Day Bonanza!!

So this year, because of the new house, I actually braved the Boxing Day madness and went shopping for electronics...all I can say is WOW!! I got out of bed at about 5:30 am..puttered around the house because I was still recovering from Christmas dinner, and then my sister and I set out, despite freezing rain, to the Merivale strip for Futureshop and Best Buy deals. The place was PACKED and I couldn't believe that THAT many people were out despite the time and weather...but then again, I thought, I'm currently one of those people so I can't exactly judge now can I?? Lol...

All in all, despite barely being able to keep myself upright and awake while standing in the line, I managed to get some good deals so overall I'm happy.

My new TV is 46" of TV goodness from Samsung. I cannot WAIT to watch Mike Fisher close ups on this screen with those beautiful blue eyes, dark hair and manly goodness as he plays for the Sens...even though he's marrying Carrie I-am-not-worthy Underwood...but that's neither here nor there...(Jealousy??  What's that?? lol!)





Now that that little tangent is complete, I also managed to buy a surround sound system for, again when I'm watching the man that is supposed to be MY husband, as well as the great action movies that I plan to be indulging in once I move. I totally plan on having at least one LOTR marathon day as well as the Godfather trilogy..maybe even the Matrix....you know it's a good theatre system when you're already imagining the movies and shows that you're going to watch once it's all set up!!! EPIC BATTLES AND AWESOME DEATH SCENES IN HD, HERE I COME!!

Again...pulling myself back to this version of reality..here is my sound system, also by Samsung, with a blue-ray system, 4 tall-boy speakers, one larger speaker and a sub-woofer:



I also got a Panasonic Microwave for a good price...and those 3 purchases basically completed my electronics list, since I am not sure what I will be doing for my computer equipment. ONE MORE GROUP OFF MY LIST! YIPPEEEE!!! I also went to Homesense and bought two mirrors that will go perfectly in my main and master bathrooms thus completing the set up for those rooms as well.

It's kinda cool to finally see more checked items on the list than things that are still outstanding, and with only 121 (but who's counting??) days to go, I'm starting to climb that peak into the excitement zone all over again. I have not been to see the house site in a while, as the last handful of times have yielded no change, but I'm hoping that very VERY soon in the new year, all that will change.

Next...Furniture...Oy veh! Stay tuned!!

No comments:

Post a Comment