Countdown

Monday, October 26, 2009

One Foot(ing) forward, 7 (weeks) back..

So I just received a call from Mattamy. Even though they seemed to be going along smoothly, and I was all excited about the footings, they have managed to DRAG me (with some kicking and screaming I might add) from my cloud nine experience and DROP KICK me back down to earth by telling me that I am now delayed 7 weeks. Can't really say I'm surprised really. I've heard more stories about new homes being delayed than on time, but *sigh* that's FORTY-NINE more days to my countdown!! I was down to 135 and now I just hopped ,skipped, and LEAPED my way back up to 184!! ONE HUNDRED AND EIGHTY FOUR people!!! Boo HISS!!!

This is like a sad real life game of snakes and ladders where it's ALL ladders and NO snakes!! lol..

Looking on the positive sides though!

First- this gives me more time to save up. Always a bonus.

Second- The delay means that I most likely won't have to move in winter which , let's be honest, I wasn't exactly jumping-for-joy-feeling-the-holy-ghost-spirit-shoutin' HALLELUJAH excited about.

and Third- the new closing date is right around 2 weeks before my birthday meaning if all goes well (Knocking on Wood!!), I might get one HELL of a birthday present!!

Yes...keeping with the halloween spirit, this may be a blessing in disguise, but doesn't mean I can't grumble just a little bit in the meantime. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment