Countdown

Thursday, January 7, 2010

2010.... Accentuate the Positive....

Well yesterday was a very up and down day...

Starting on the personal front, I got into a car accident on New Year's Day. We had some really bad weather that night and the car skidded on some ice and eventually ended up in a ditch. I thank God that it was just me because it could have been so much worse if there had been other traffic, or even a different location. I had called Teleheath Ontario that night and they said I should be fine. However, due to increasing pain, I finally got checked out at the hospital yesterday (I know! Shouldn't have waited so long!) and what I thought was just a muscle injury turned out to be a '10% compression fracture of the L1 vertebrae' in doctor-speak. According to my intensive weekly medical training (read: watching ER and Grey's Anatomy), scientifically speaking...that aint good! lol.. 
So I am currently off work for a week to recoup, and trying to not move my torso so much. It's very strange..I feel like Frankenstein because of the stiff movements, BUT I am hopeful that my body will come back stronger and better!! GO BODY GO!! (Kinda like 'Go Gadget Go!' for all those '80s kids who grew up watching Inspector Gadget...) he he he..

BUT what ALSO happened yesterday is I received a call from Luis, one of the assistant builders from Mattamy and my pre-construction meeting has been set for Monday at 12:30!! WHOO HOOO!! Timing sucks just a bit because sitting in a chair for a long period of time is not my favorite thing to do right now BUT I will do it in order to figure out exactly what's going on with the house and when I will be able to finally have my own place to call home!! This helps to keep the positive energy going..hopefully I'll be saying the same thing after Monday! :)

Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment