Countdown

Monday, January 11, 2010

Construction and Framing

I had my construction meeting today!! I met with one of the builders and he went over all my upgrades and changes, as well as information on appliances and scheduling. He also said that my exterior choices are confirmed so I actually get what I saw! WHOO HOO!!

So far, everything seems to be on track, though he made sure to mention that the weather can sometimes play a factor in delays and while 'Mattamy is in the business of making sure homes are on time, sometimes delays do happen'.

Menh! If a new house construction was on time in this city, THAT would be a miracle!! :)

Also, he mentionned that framing was scheduled to happen on my block starting today!! So of course, I did a lil drive-by (the peaceful kind), and lo and behold, there were men shovelling off my block to start workin' on it!! WAAAAAAA HOOOOOOO!! FINALLY!!!

Only downside was that the contruction workers looked nothing like the ones on TV. You know- with the bulging muscles and the tight shirts... just sweaty enough to be manly,but not enough to be gross and soak the T-shirt..a real Gilette-shaving, Tommy Hilfiger-modelling, make-all-the-women-in-the-Coke-commercial-gather-at-lunch-to-stare-at-him kinda guy...which...gotta say...REALLY SUCKED!! You're taking this long to build my house...at least gimme something pretty to look it!! LOL..

*sigh* TV ruins everything... ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment