Countdown

Thursday, March 11, 2010

Bittersweet...

Today was my first tentative closing date. And since I am not currently waiting on pins and needles waiting for the phone to ring, it's fairly obvious that I will not be closing today. Crazy how I spent most of the last two years counting down to this day and then it almost came and went without a second thought. Hmmmm...

BUT on the other side, with everything that's been going on, there was NO WAY I would have been ready to move today, so (never thought I'd say this)... I'm actually glad that the closing was delayed....I know!  I know! AB-SO-LUTE SACRILEGE considering how utterly obsessed I am with the whole building experience!!!  But if word gets out,  I'll de-ny, de-ny, DE-NY! *wink*

Right now, I'm still looking for furniture and the finishing touches for the house. I've looked at M.Y Home, Suede, Mobilia, Ikea (that's a given..it's IKEA! =D), the Brick, Mikaza furniture....it's been a crazy whirlwind. I haven't decided if I'm going with 2 couches or a couch and 2 chairs in the living room. That's the biggest dilemma because I want the most comfort, and plus when I have friends over for movies, I don't want to share my couch cause I like to sprawl out (lol!) ... BUT in the interests of space and function, I'm not sure that two couches is the best idea. Ugh! I can almost hear my sister saying 'I told you so!' because she's been advocating a couch and two chairs forever. NUTS! I might have to get the two couches just outta spite! lol...kidding!!

I'll be sure to post my final choices once I decide.

On the actual building front, I now have roof boards!! WHOOT WHOOT!! And this was from Tuesday so it's only a matter of time before the shingles, windows and doors ACTUALLY go in....JOY!! I'll get pictures of that up soon.

Now I'm just anxiously waiting for the framewalk call so I can post proper pictures of the inside of my humble abode...tee hee hee!!

OH! AND I got my POSTAL CODE!! I know it's just a postal code, but it's MINE and it FINALLY completes my address!!! HA ZAAAAAAA!! Technically, the code puts the house in Stittsville, but I choose to ignore that and continue to consider myself in Kanata. I wanted to buy in Kanata, I was sold my house under the impression that it's in Kanata, and therefore, I intend to MOVE TO and LIVE in KA-NA-TA! Can't just go changing the city all willy-nilly on me... sheesh! Lol....

No comments:

Post a Comment