Countdown

Thursday, May 20, 2010

AAAAAAAAAAAAnd down the home stretch.......

SO...

with less than a week before closing, I couldn't wait until the PDI to see the house in all it's spectacular glory so I went by today.

There were so many new things, it made my heart sing.

First, I walked up to my wonderfully painted door. I won't sing 'Three's Company' again but you get the idea.

Then lo and behold, there were the new doors on my front hall closet, which were really nice to see as well. Not that I don't like the mirrored sliders, but I just didn't want anything taking away from my fantastic find of a mirror that I plan to put up in the foyer.

Closed Doors:

Opened Doors:

JUUUST enough space to fit all my coats and shoes so it'll do for sure! :D

Then I took a peek into my garage and noticed that the rails for the garage door had been delivered! My car, the SilvaDiva, will soon have a home as well!!


Then I turned towards the stairs and saw my carpets!!!!!!!
I must admit that they looked more brown than I anticipated, but I'm kind of warming up to them because they really pull in the warm look of the walls and the railings as well. Really happy I chose them. I was even happier when I took the first step onto them. OH SO SOFT!! You sink into it JUST a little bit and it's a great cushion on your feet. SO happy I did the upgraded underpadding!

So off I did mosey up the stairs to the main floor and saw HARDWOOD!!!

WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've been waiting for this day for so long and the colour and look did not disappoint!! Granted there were quite a few Mattamy boxes that shielded the floor just a bit BUT I'm glad that they're being protected, and not all scratched up. Look beyond the box, I said...lol...

Here are a few choice shots of the Great Room and Dining Room...

From the Kitchen:

From the Stairs:

From the corner near the Kitchen:

I went upstairs and checked out those rooms. Nothing seems to have really changed besides the lights and the carpets so I just enjoyed walking from room to room soaking it all in and wiggling my toes in the carpet to enjoy the feel. lol..

I'll be sure to post my pictures after the PDI is completed AND once I start actually putting my own spin on the house decorating. Should be good times...I hope! =S

Right now, I'm focused on packing, setting up all my accounts, arranging deliveries and installations and just generally putting everything together that needs doing. It's a little hectic but I know it'll all be worth it.  

So my journey is almost over. Tuesday afternoon, I will be receiving the keys to my very first home....what a RIDE it's been!!

And to think, it only took 19 months and 21 days to get here...but who's counting!?!? lol...

 
5 MORE DAYS!!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Wow! Looking awesome! I'll sing Three's Company for you instead. I knew you wouldn't be able to resist taking pictures until your PDI - try and act somewhat surprised if you can!

    ReplyDelete