Countdown

Friday, April 2, 2010

Framewalk Fun!

Kinda running out of names to call the entries about framewalks....this is the best I can think of...I thought Funky Framewalk..but that's just lame! lol...

OK people....get ready for a really heavy picture session!! I tried to pick the cream of the crop but let's be honest- You know I'm obsessed.... I know I'm obsessed... so you're going to get lots of pics!! And the random comments- I won't really put a filter on because...well... I just find it's more fun that way. =D

First, we'll start with the outside shot. See how pretty they wrapped up the first few floors for me!? Like a 'Hello, and welcome to your framewalk!!' present!! Shoulda had my own Vanna White opening the door for me...instead I got the very nice but not so Vanna-like builder. Lol...

As a side note, does anyone else wish they had Vanna White's job?!!? Touching screens, travelling and wearing dresses and getting paid that much money!? Quite frankly...The absurdity of the whole thing hurts my feelings just a lil bit..

Anywho!! House shot!!


Then I had my framewalk and it was all great and framewalkey. Went through the home with the builder and we talked about all the placements for the different switches, and fans, and plugs, and cable outlets, and phone outlets, and all that jazz so the actual process went really well I thought. I am quite happy with the progress!! I'm kinda surprised that wiring and plumbing and venting, which are all in places that I won't see soon, made my house more homey. Go figure!!!

Next, we move into the foyer area.....

 

The heater is in the laundry room and the storage room is right beyond that. It looks like there will be more than enough space for my extra things. Kinda glad that I have that space cause I know it'll come in handy.

This is the shot of my garage. It's a pretty long garage so I'll be able to put some storage in that space as well as my car.
 

Back into the house and up the stairs comes the powder room...It's a little small but really, you don't need a lot of fanfare to do your business so it's all good!
 

Moving on to the kitchen...
I took this picture from the great room. The pantry is on the far right side and there should be a lot of counter space in the kitchen which is a feature that I love!! Plus I can't wait to have an island with a sink in it. It'll be much easier and functional that way. CAN'T WAIT!!


 This is a shot of the kitchen and great room. I like the wide open space, which means that you get really good views from everywhere on the floor. I really enjoy that fact, because it'll make it easier for me to keep an eye on my niece and nephew...aka the mini-hurricanes. lol...

Here's an angle shot of the great room from the stairs so you can see the other windows. The fact that there are four is really great for allowing a lot of light into the room. I was surprised at the amount that comes in actually, but quite excited!




This is a shot of the dining room from the stairs. The brightness in the house is fantastic!! That was one of the things that I was worried about most when I originally bought because there are only windows on the front of the house, but the light just FLOODS in...it's great!! I can't wait to sit at the dining table and open up the french doors and let the breeze wash over me.

Moving right along...
This is the computer nook at the top of the stairs on the third floor. I have always loved the fact that this house has a nook that makes it possible to have a completely separate guest room.
Anywho, this my new nook..kinda bare-boned but you get the gist.

Next to the nook is the main bathroom. I don't know what I can say to liven up the bathroom...but the fact that I'm trying to liven up a bathroom commentary should be comic enough. But I digress...and move on the the actual bathroom.


Next.... the guest bedroom:

 

I really like the windows and the cathedral ceilings in this guest room. I was really scared that this room would be really small but it's actually a good size, which is perfect for the occasional guest. I do plan on taking over this closet though...just cause I can! lol... 

And last, but not least, I have....the Master Bedroom...as my friend would say...this is where the magic happens!! lol...


Again, I love the light that comes into this room!! It'll be my little oasis, and while people only see wooden beams and plywood floors, I see a nice bed with a wall-papered accent wall, a tv and myself- watching Disney movies on a saturday all day while thinking how lucky I am that I didn't get caught up in the whole Disney Damsel in Distress nonsense, but laughing and cheering at all the right parts just the same....except when Mufasa dies.... cause I still can't watch that part because a- I get really upset and teary eyed and b- because I literally want to rip Scar limb from lion-killing limb....and Princess and the Frog which had some surprising dark moments in there too...geez Disney...!

Whoa...tangent...ohh-kay.....sorry peeps! I told you that I'm not censoring...and now...back to the house tour!   


This is still in the master bedroom but facing the master ensuite, on the left (with a TUB!! I have a TUB!! =D ) and a WALK-IN CLOSET!! 

What's that I hear??? ANGELS SINGING!??! LOL!!

And THAT I do believe is the house tour!!! Supposedly the drywall is supposed to go in on Monday aaaaaaaaaaaand when I was leaving, I happened to turn around and saw my bricks!!

So of course I ran up and took a picture!! Construction people must think I'm crazy but menh!! Don't care!!



OK...I think I have FINALLY finished this blog entry!! LONG ENOUGH EH!!??

Whew...chile...I'm tired...LOL!

Until next time!!!



2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the entertaining read! lol I'm sure the builders have seen the photo happy phenomenon before so they probably think it strange when people don't take photos. ROFL about the mini hurricanes. Ditto for my niece.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks cdnfreyja!! It was actually a lot of fun to write and I'm glad someone else knows what I'm talking about with the kiddies!! Everyone with lil ones in their lives knows then when it's quiet and you can't see then...time to PANIC! lol...

    ReplyDelete