Countdown

Thursday, April 8, 2010

Insulation Jubilation

SO!!

I must admit that I have turned into the biggest geek throughout this whole house journey because the slightest things make me REALLY excited!

I got excited about dirt. (I mean really....it's DIRT!! but by golly it was MY dirt!! lol...)

I got excited about concrete. ( Basically, a really heavy wet dirt that by all accounts I should be 'menh' about. NOT SO!)

I got excited about wood. (Wood meant framing! YAY!!)

and now..following in the tradition of getting excited over any and everything that happens house related, I am now excited about INSULATION!!

Up till now, insulation was (literally) outta sight outta mind BUT I went to the house site yesterday and I saw rows and rows of GORGEOUS bright pink insulation on the main floor and I swear I coulda done a jig right there!! IT WAS AWESOME!! Again, it made the place feel more like a HOUSE house and in a weird way, having the walls closed off made the rooms feel bigger. Go figure!

The builders had also started some drywalling from what I can see. They are really motoring along these days!! It's fantastic!!

Stay tuned!!!!!!

Also, today marks 1 month, 2 weeks and 3 days till closing..1-2-3. Just thought that was kinda quirky..=)

1 comment:

  1. Haha I love it! Doing a jig over insulation. Oh for me to be that happy. I get giddy over wood too (dirty mind...yes framing wood).
    Who knows, maybe tonight I will see something that will make me do one of those up and down jumps for joy!

    ReplyDelete