Countdown

Friday, April 23, 2010

Rails and Baths...

 Well today, I pestered my poor POOR customer care coordinator, who is fantastically patient I must say, this afternoon, and she told me that not only were my railings done, but the wall tiles in the bathrooms had been completed too!!!!!!! It was a lot harder to stay at work and focus after I got that message, but somehow I survived!!
So after waiting for my friends (who took an EXCRUCIATINGLY long time!!), I finally went over to the house site today to check out the progress!!

I walked into the house and saw the railings!! OMG! I am in LOVE!! The funny thing is when I first got the rails, while I liked them a lot, I thought 'Could I have spent that money somewhere else?' and actually contemplated cancelling that upgrade!

COULD YOU IMAGINE?!?!!?

Somehow, a little voice in me said 'No. You're really going to like them when they're all done' and I tried to picture what they would look like and they seemed like they would be really nice so I kept them.

Ladies and Gentlemen...little did I know how much of an UNDERSTATEMENT that would be!!

When I walked in today, they looked like a big,clear,bubble wrapped present and I must say it took A LOT of self-control not to rip off a piece of that bubble wrap and look at those rails in all their absolute glory! I took a lot of pictures from different angles in order to try to get a true feel for them! I am BEYOND ecstatic that I kept them because it feels like it gives my house just that special little 'oopmh!' and I think I tingled inside just a little bit when I saw them! Just goes to show...sometimes..you just gotta make you happy!!

I know I know...I'm obsessed...I accept this..lol!!

This is from the foyer to the 2nd floor


This is from the 2nd floor landing to the foyer...

This is from the 2nd floor landing to have a look at the actual rail itself...

This is from the great room to the railings that go up to the third floor...

This is from the computer nook on the third floor going down to the dining room...

I finally realised that I hadn't taken a close up shot of the rails so this is that...lol...

LOVE THEM!!

But then I finally got upstairs to the bathrooms and saw the main bathroom tile!! WHOO HOO!!! It's pretty much exactly how I had imagined it and I'm so happy with this choice too because the overall atmosphere that I was gong for I think was achieved AND it was VERY well done from what I saw. I was really impressed with the handwork!!

I was even happy with the inlaid listello border which added a little bit of detail that I thought was cool.
Here's a close up shot...



Of course, right after this I scurried (Yes..I really mean scurried!!) over to the master ensuite because I had really been looking forwards to seeing what the tile would look like in this room...

I was NOT disappointed!!

The listello border in this one is a really nice funky contrast!! Like jewelery for the house, as my sister would put it!! I REALLY REALLY liked the outcome of this one as well!!

Here's the close up shot for this bathroom...



So in general, I am really really happy with the progress and finishes that Mattamy has done thus far. Now that the finesse part of the process is coming to life, I am getting more and more excited about the finished product.

Of course, as always, I will keep you all posted!!

Only 32 more days left!! AH!!!!! =D

1 comment:

  1. I like your selections - tiles look great! I did the listello border as well in the master and I'm quite pleased with the overall look at the end.

    I know what you mean about the railings.
    Although I didn't get the upgrade, when I first saw mine, I too fell instantly in love with how they looked. Must be a first timer thing... :P

    ReplyDelete