Countdown

Thursday, April 29, 2010

House Update!!

WELL!!

I have let a week go by without giving any kind of update. SHAME ON ME! lol...

I have lots to update though and a few pictures ta boot!

For starters, I present to you my siding!!


I think it looks GREAT!

Then I moved on inside, and I found this staring back at me in the foyer!!


DOORS!! I saw DOORS.... and TRIMS!

Needless to say I was obviously quite excited!! 

So then of course I went inside (after checking with one of the builders though), and then I walked up the stairs (past the beautiful rails again that I totally ran my hands over..lol!), turned the corner and saw.....


Well of course I was crazy excited because I was thinking HARDWOOD!!

But it actually turned out to be the cedar shingles on the outside. lol... so that was kinda disappointing BUT only for a second because with the cedar shingles on, the house will definitely look almost complete, which is great!

Continuing on my magical home tour, I saw that the deck wood was already placed and ready for railings..so of course, I copped a shot. =D


There wasn't too much to see upstairs, except that they have put in the rough ins for all the closets which was nice to see, and the trim was all done throughout the upstairs as well, so it's nice to know that they have finished that aspect.

On the prepping for closing day front, things could not be busier!

I am currently getting ready for the big move and trying to nail down movers again. It's crazy trying to get the best deals, but I think I've found a good company so that's cool!! 

I'm close to finalizing my mortgage papers and making my final decision in terms of which financial institution to go with. URG! It's so not the funnest experience reading over all those numbers. And I must admit it makes my heart stop a little with a gut wrenching pang when I see the decimal after 5 digits instead of 2 or 3. Almost hurts my feelings a lil bit. :)

On the appliance front, there was almost an incident where I wouldn't be able to get my fridge BUT it looks like it's all sorted out now. It's not worth going into detail because I am staying postive...but I am also positive that if I don't get my fridge, I'm going to be a whole lotta upset!! Lol!!

AND I SAVED THE BEST FOR LAST!!

MY PDI IS CURRENTLY BOOKED FOR THE AFTERNOON OF MAY 20th!!!

Granted it took some nifty finagling by my fantastic CCR but I can't wait to see everything all done!

WHOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOO!!!

That's everything that's going on right now and I think I've officially caught you up to date. The hardwood should be going in any time now, along with the cabinets and plumbing fixtures. I'll be sure to post some pictures as soon as I can.

26 MORE DAYS!!



  

1 comment: